àmazon – topmattresspick.com offers a huge variety of mattresses to suit any budget or sleep style. In choosing the best mattresses on Amazon, we’ve relied on our own research and customer reviews to find the best mattresses across multiple price points and materials. If you’re unsure which type of mattress is right for you–innerspring, latex, memory foam, or hybrid–visit our page on mattress support cores to learn more.
If you’re buying a mattress on Amazon, there are several things to look out for that you might not need to consider when purchasing from a brick-and-mortar retailer or a company’s website. Here are a few things to be aware of as you shop.
- Demand a sleep trial. There’s always some risk involved with buying a mattress online. Even if it’s a great product, it might not be right for you, which is why most manufacturers offer sleep trials to test a mattress out. However, while a mattress company might offer a sleep trial of 90 days or longer, Amazon often has a 30-day return policy.
- Know the return policy. It’s important to know ahead of time how a seller handles returns, should you need to send the mattress back. Pay particular attention to who is expected to pay for return shipping
- Check the warranty. Many mattresses offer extended warranties, but Amazon’s return policy is often far more limited than the one provided by the company itself. If you’re confused about which one applies, reach out to Amazon customer service for clarification.
- Know the seller. Some mattresses on Amazon are sold through the manufacturer, some by Amazon itself, and some come from third-party vendors. Be clear about just who you’re buying from and how that will affect the warranty and customer service you can expect.
- Carefully read customer reviews. It’s not unheard-of for mattress companies to plant fake reviews, so use your best judgement in assessing them. When reading reviews, look for high ratings, but also high numbers of reviews. If only five people have rated a mattress, it’s not a safe bet.
- Look at shipping costs. Amazon Prime memberships often offer shipping for free or at a low cost. Without that, the size and weight of a mattress can often lead to shipping fees that can add a lot of money to the final price.